The Hall of Justice is a historical landmark building constructed in 1925 that was forced to close its doors as the result of the 1994 Northridge Earthquake. The 14-story, 550,000 square-foot building was rehabilitated by seismically retrofitting the damaged building and refurbishing the interior for use by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and District Attorney’s office while preserving and restoring selected historic features to their former condition, including the marble-clad grand lobby, original elevator cabs, and one of the original courtrooms. Simpson & Simpson provided project control services on this design-build project that also included an adjacent 1,000-space parking structure.
Los Angeles County Public Works
Los Angeles, CA